The High Resolution Electron Microscopy and Surface Structure Facility provides unique equipment to investigate the atomic scale structure of both the surface and subsurface region of a sample combined with in-situ growth, gas treatment and chemical characterization.
- Specimen Preparation Evaluation Analysis and Reaction System (SPEAR)
- Hitachi UHV-H9000 High Resolution Electron Microscope (UHV-HREM)
- Magnetron and Ion Beam Epitaxy System (MIBE)
- Stabilizing Ion and Neutral Beam Assisted Deposition system (SINBAD)
- Linux clusters: JosephSmith and HyrumSmith