A case of a pediatric ingestion of a clonidine patch is described. Symptoms included lethargy, bradycardia, and miosis. Treatment included naloxone, charcoal administration, and whole bowel irrigation. Gastrointestinal absorption of active drug can result in significant toxicity and treatment should focus on aggressive decontamination techniques.
|Original language||English (US)|
|Number of pages||3|
|Journal||American journal of therapeutics|
|State||Published - May 1 2005|
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Pharmacology (medical)