This chapter covers coarctation of the aorta, beginning with embryology and anatomy. Diagnosis is covered, and surgical techniques including resection and end-to-end anastomosis, prosthetic patch aortoplasty, prosthetic interposition graft, subclavian flap aortoplasty, and balloon dilation angioplasty are covered. Complications including paradoxical postoperative hypertension, paraplegia, aneurysm formation, and recoarctation are discussed.
- Balloon dilation angioplasty
- End-to-end anastomosis
- Paradoxical postoperative hypertension
- Prosthetic interposition graft
- Prosthetic patch aortoplasty
- Subclavian flap aortoplasty
ASJC Scopus subject areas