Urinary excretion was the major route of excretion of intraperitoneally administered perphenazine dimethiodide‐14C in rats. Peak blood level was observed at 0.5 hr. after the administration of the compound, and brain level was above the detectable level at the same period of time. Antimicrobial activities were demonstrated. The toxicity of quaternary ammonium salt of perphenazine on mice is higher than perphenazine.
- Antimicrobial activity—perphenazine dimethiodide‐C
- Distribution, metabolism, excretion—perphenazine dimethiodide‐C
- Paper chromatography—radio scanning
- Perphenazine dimethiodide‐C—synthesis
- UV spectrophotometry—analysis
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Pharmaceutical Science