Efficient synthesis of two small eukaryotic polypeptides of human and plant origin was carried out using a novel expression/secretion yeast vector, pYET. The yield was optimized in respect of the yeast strain, expression cassette construction, promoter regulation and culture conditions. Both cloned genes code for biotechnologically important proteins: human epidermal growth factor and a serine proteinase inhibitor from Cucurbitacea.
- Cloning in Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Human epidermal growth factor
- Serine proteinase inhibitor
- Yeast expression/secretion vector
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Biochemistry, Genetics and Molecular Biology(all)