Knee epiphyseal maturation is retarded in most neonates with congenital rubella infection, whereas neonates with congenital cytomegalovirus infection have relatively normal maturation. Assessment of knee maturation is useful in differentiating rubella from cytomegalovirus infection in the neonate.
- Congenital cytomegalovirus infection
- Congenital rubella infection
- Intracranial calcifications
- Knee maturation
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Pediatrics, Perinatology, and Child Health
- Radiology Nuclear Medicine and imaging