The Bragg regime shifts when conventional materials in a multilayer distributed Bragg reflector (DBR) are replaced by artificial materials with the so-called negative index of refraction. This provides an avenue for characterizing the latter class of materials.
- Distributed Bragg reflector
- Negative index of refraction
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering