This study examined parental responses to the quadrivalent human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine approximately 2 years post-licensure. Correlates of vaccine uptake included daughter age, physician recommendation, and parental knowledge, beliefs, and attitudes. Correlates of vaccination intentions were consistent with previous research. Findings can inform future efforts aimed at promoting HPV vaccination.
- Human papillomavirus vaccines
- Sexually transmitted infections
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Pediatrics, Perinatology, and Child Health
- Public Health, Environmental and Occupational Health
- Psychiatry and Mental health