A synchronous VLSI implementation of an iterative image restoration algorithm is described in this paper. This implementation is based on a single-step, as well as on a multistep iterative algorithm derived from the single-step regularized iterative restoration algorithm. One processor is assigned to each picture element, with local memory depending on the support of the restoration filter. The implementation, which consists of interprocessor communication and intraprocessor computations, is provided and convergence issues are discussed.
- Single step/multistep iterative image restoration algorithm
- synchronous VLSI implementation
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Control and Systems Engineering
- Signal Processing
- Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering