The Gerard W. Ostheimer lecture is delivered at the Society for Obstetric Anesthesia and Perinatology Annual Meeting. The lecture provides a comprehensive review of the previous year's literature in obstetric anesthesia, obstetrics, perinatology, and health services research relevant for obstetric anesthesiologists. This article covers several of the major themes that emerged from the 2010 literature.
- Gestational diabetes mellitus
- Local anesthetic systemic toxicity
- Patient safety
- Postdural puncture headache
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine