X-ray Capabilities on the Picosecond Timescale at the Advanced Photon Source

B. Adams*, M. Borland, L. X. Chen, P. Chupas, N. Dashdorj, G. Doumy, E. Dufresne, S. Durbin, H. Dürr, P. Evans, T. Graber, R. Henning, E. P. Kanter, D. Keavney, C. Kurtz, Y. Li, A. M. March, K. Moffat, A. Nassiri, S. H. SouthworthV. Srajer, D. M. Tiede, D. Walko, J. Wang, H. Wen, L. Young, X. Zhang, A. Zholents

*Corresponding author for this work

Research output: Contribution to journalArticle

2 Scopus citations

Abstract

The Advanced Photon Source (APS) operates with a timing structure advantageous for ultrafast dynamics experiments and, as a result, X-ray time-resolved studies on the 100-picosecond timescale have flourished. The standard operating mode, 24-bunch mode, runs 65% of the time and a hybrid singlet mode runs 15% of the time, yielding a total of 80% of beamtime easily accessible for studies of ultrafast dynamics using laser-pump/X-ray probe techniques. This article highlights recent enhanced capabilities for time-resolved studies at the APS.

Original languageEnglish (US)
Pages (from-to)6-11
Number of pages6
JournalSynchrotron Radiation News
Volume25
Issue number2
DOIs
StatePublished - Mar 2012

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
  • Nuclear and High Energy Physics

Fingerprint Dive into the research topics of 'X-ray Capabilities on the Picosecond Timescale at the Advanced Photon Source'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

Cite this